Yin Yoga Teacher Training - 20 Hr Weekend Intensive with Nora Benian
This 20 hour training is ideal for yoga teachers and practitioners to expand on their own personal practice and to share the
immense benefits with others. A valuable addition to your teaching repertoire and offers 20 CEU’s with Yoga Alliance.
Next Training TBD
Times: Friday 5:30 to 9pm, Saturday 12:30-9pm, Sunday 1-8pm
Course Fee: $550 + HST
Registration Deadline: August 15th, space permitting.
Payment plan available. Contact us for details.
Bridge the gap of an active life to a meditative life. While practicing stillness in postures / asanas with longer holds, one’s mind begins to quiet down and allow greater awareness and understanding of oneself to emerge. Yin yoga can be described as a stabilizing, de-stressing, feminine and contemplative practice.
Yin yoga is based on the Taoist concepts of balancing the Yin and the Yang, the opposite and complementary principles in nature. With our busy lifestyles our bodies tighten up from stimulation and mental tension causing ailments and lack of mobility leading to discomfort and pain. Yin yoga postures offers an opportunity for deeper connective tissues (Fascia) to release long held tensions allowing the Prana/ life force to flow more easily through previously blocked areas increasing overall energy and well-being. Yin Yoga helps us to play our edges, unwind, breath more consciously and turn inward. With time in silence there is much to discover within oneself and more peace to be found. Yin is a wonderful compliment to any other form of yoga or any other activity in our life creating balance.
Benefits of Yin yoga are:
• Calming and balancing to the mind and nervous system
• Regulates energy, balances hormones, deeper relaxation
• Increases mobility in the body, especially the spine and major joints
• Lowers stress levels, reduces anxiety, improves sciatica, tmj tension and migraines
• Greater stamina, better ability to sit through meditation
• Better lubrication, protection and flexibility of joints and connective tissue
• Release of fascia throughout the body
As a teacher you will learn:
• to help students ease agitation and promote relaxation
• explain organic and emotional/energetic benefits of postures
• suggest specific postures therapeutically
• assess comfort of your students
• develop an understanding of the healing process
• offer verbal cues and hands on adjustments
• to re-align and restore the root of imbalance
• to guide students through 25 yin yoga postures
Training participants will have the opportunity to observe and assist Nora in a Yin Yoga workshop class on Sunday afternoon.
Come dive in and explore your depths.
Investment: $550 + HST
Eligible for 20 CEU’s with Yoga Alliance
About Nora Benian
Nora Benian E-RYT 500, Yoga Therapist, loves to share the wisdom found in the teachings of Yoga. She is a practitioner of yoga for over 25 years, and teaches classes to a wide range of people touching upon the physical, emotional, psychological or spiritual planes. Nora guides students safely through yogic postures and practices helping students to release stress and tension, strengthen the body and mind, and learn to relax deeply. Modifications and adaptations are used when necessary making yoga class experience positive for all. Nora inspires students to grow and helps to motivate them through self-development with joy and ease.
Teacher Training & Continuing Education Policies: Each training is subject to it's own terms and conditions.